Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back Together Again!!

On August 6, 2009, my 2 daughters, my mom, & I went to New Jersey to visit family...and friends. My mom & I moved to Newark, NJ when I was 4 years old. We stayed there until I was 10, then we moved back to Michigan. While in NJ I made a few friends along the way. Sadly, I lost touch with all of them once I moved. There was one friend in particular that I felt I shared a bond with. From my recollection, we were bestest friends. Through the years I often wondered how she was doing, and what she looked like. Every now & then my cousin would tell me she saw her here & there & that she would ask about me.

March 2008 I received a friend request from someone on MySpace. I couldn't believe my eyes; it was her!!!! After all these years, she actually remembered me. Well, I knew that she remembered because of what my cousin would tell me. However, she remembered specific details about me, i.e., how I was, and still am, pigeon-toed, how I used to chew on the strings of my jacket, shirt, whatever, and even how I loved Five Star. I never thought in a gazillion years that someone else could have a memory like mine. I remembered fine details about her as well, like how she had very hairy arms, long fingernails along w/very long, thick hair. And that she & her mom looked like twins.

Though we didn't get to spend as much time together as I would have liked, I am grateful for the time we shared. To my surprise, another childhood friend joined in the festivities. She, like my other friend, not only remembered me, but also recalled a stuffed animal I had given her before I moved away.

Needless to say, this reunion was much needed and way overdue. I am so happy to have reconnected w/friends who I hadn't seen in forever. Here's to new friendships!! I love yall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment