Thursday, April 1, 2010

We've Been Doing This Thang For A Year Now...

...locing that is. I made it. I made it. And, boy, did I learn a lot about me & my hair during this year. I realized that:
  • My hair around the edges and nape are much kinkier than the rest of my hair
  • My hair bunches a whole, whole lot. I got several humps & bumps from bunching...Oh well!
  • I get antsy & want my hair to look a certain way when I should just chill & let it do its thang
  • This is my 3rd attempt at locking since removing my Sisterlocks in 2005 & the longest I've lasted without removing my locs...I was tempted a few months back & even removed a few but that doesn't count, right?
  • Everybody's hair is different. A product that works for you may or may not work for me
  • Patience is paramount!!
  • My hair grows "out" more than it does "down," which gives me a lioness look.
To celebrate my tenacity, I decided to re-color my hair. Last year sometime I colored the front of my hair. A few days ago I colored my whole head w/a brownish-orangey color.

Check out my progress from Day 1, Week 3 to Year 1. Big difference, eh?

I'm Loving 'EM!!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! One year and yes a huge difference! The pattern of braiding is almost nonexistent and I'm loving the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx Gigglz. I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your milestone!! It feels great doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. new2locs, yes it does. i'm ready for bigger & better milestones...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PhePhi, You hair is progressing well! I do know what you mean! Your hair texture looks like mine. We do not lock like textures with tightly coiled hair. I have a lot of locs that bunched. I got tired of fighting with them so I just let them have their way. They are not perfect but no ones hair is. People love my hair even though I`am not crazy about the look of my locs.Due to my hair texture, My locs will never look the way I want them to. I just accept it and have moved on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go DIVA!!! Your locks are looking good girl!! I love that color. Congratulations on your 1 year mark. Keep up the good work caring for your babies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thnx afrolady. it's a struggle taking care of these thangs but ima keep on trucking LOL.

    NLP, i remember u talking about the bunching of your locs. isn't it frustrating? there r soooo many in the back of my head that r bunched it's not funny. i even had momentary insanity & picked out the ends of 4-5 locs up thru the bunching AND retightened...CRAZY! i snapped outta that real quick. anyhoo, thnx for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! **upcoming is my terrible enhancement to the song "What A Difference A Day Makes"** What a difference a year makes...365 days!lol Congratulations and you know I'm particularly partial to your locs since we have the same birthday! ;-) Beautiful progress Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thnks msfullroller. u r hilarious. AND i didn't know we shared birthdays...how cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did I miss this post?

    Anyhow Happy Lockversary! Your locks are looking fabulous! They have progressed nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL @Brown ButtahFly. Thank ya sooo much.

    ReplyDelete