Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hair's The Scoop


On 4.1.09 I converted my 2-strand twists to braids, again. No matter how many times I tell myself that I'm going to "be natural" and "go with the flow," I absolutely cannot get away from my die-hard love for locs. I tried abstaining from viewing loc albums, pictures online, music videos, everything. But doing these things didn't work. So, once again, I gave in. A few days earlier, I dyed the front of my hair using a light blonde color by Clairol. I left it in for about 30 minutes and achieved a golden-brownish color. I like it!!

To keep me on the trek I went to a nearby Family Dollar and bought a bunch of hair accessories: hair clips, pins, headbands, clamps - for those days when I feel like I wanna backslide & take down these braids that I've spent a couple hours installing. Seriously, for real this time, I am optimistic about my journey this go round. I watched a tutorial on YouTube on how to interlock. One of the main reasons why I failed in the past was because of my frustration in not being able to "grasp" that whole latch-hook, crochet needle, paperclip method. But after carefully watching I practiced on my daughter's mannequin head and GOT IT!

As it stands, I am on the journey to achieving a beautiful head full of locs...unless, of course, I change my mind again...

Just kidding!!!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to reconnect with friends who you had a true bond with!!! I'm sure it was great to finally meet up with her, and hopefully you will keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was soooooo excited. OMG! i think, this time, we will surely keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete